Worship is the beating heart of our school.
God and His love is at the centre of everything we do in our school. Worship is a valued part of our daily life at Balderstone St Leonard's. We share collective worship every day in school. We are a school and staff who pray, worship and ask big questions about the world and times we are living in and through.
- Monday's worship: Wonder in the Word - we introduce and ask Big Questions about the world by reading a section of God's Word
- Tuesday - is either Key Stage worship or class worship where we get to Respond and Reflect to the worship of the week
- Wednesday - Praise and Play - where we use music to respond to the Word of the week
- Thursday - Devotion and Delight - here we join together to think about how we can learn from the week's devotions and put them to use in our own lives
- Friday - Celebration worship where we highlight those in our school family who have lived out our Christian mission with our Flourishing Friday awards.
We are evaluating our worship times together, thinking carefully how our worship is helping us learn more about God, each other and helping develop our own personal faith.
Salt and Light Christian Values ethos group
We are very excited about the continued work of our Christian values group called Salt and Light. This name has been chosen by our staff and children because it really explains how we try to spread God's Word throughout our school and local community. The Bible verse is taken from Matthew's gospel and says:
Salt and Light
13 “You are the salt of the earth. But if the salt loses its saltiness, how can it be made salty again? It is no longer good for anything, except to be thrown out and trampled underfoot.
14 “You are the light of the world. A town built on a hill cannot be hidden. 15 Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house. 16 In the same way, let your light shine before others, that they may see your good deeds and glorify your Father in heaven.
Our Salt and Light children are going to be working as a virtual team with our staff, governors and parents to make sure that our special worship time with God and each other is the most precious time of our school day!